What are Crystals
A crystal is a solid material rock formation that has a repeating crystalline molecular pattern. The word crystal derives from the Ancient Greek “krustallos”, meaning “ice” and “rock crystal”. Crystals come from all over the world, some regions are known to have an abundance of a particular rock formation, and beautiful stones of the kind will be mined from there.
Why use Crystals? Healing Properties of Crystals
In the spiritual world, crystals are used to balance energies, to attract a specific outcome, and heal a situation/emotion that needs to be improved and released. The main property of crystals is healing. Energy workers (light healers) work with crystals during meditation, by carrying them physically (in your pockets, purse, bag and so on), to perform reiki, etc. You can also have what is called a “crystal grid” in your home or office, which is a specific arrangement of crystals in a geometric pattern in order to achieve a purpose (e.g.: a self-love grid, featuring a set of love, calming, forgiving and good luck crystals).
As a rule of thumb, work with crystals if it is your instinct. Typically you could be drawn to a specific crystal; so if that is the case, do your research! Find out more about its properties, what you can use it for, and you will understand why that particular crystal caught your eye. As you open up more spiritually, more crystals will come into your path. It can truly be an amazing journey into self-discovery and the power of healing!
Basic Crystals – The Must Haves
Whether you are a crystal obsessed, die-hard collector, or someone with curiosity on the subject and just getting started, we recommend to make these crystals part of your everyday lineup:
- Rose Quartz: (Self-Love) Rose quartz will help you in releasing toxic emotions so your spirit can finally be free of negativity and fear. Rose Quartz taps into universal love. This stone will open up your heart chakra to every kind of love that you need, specially the love for yourself.
- Clear Quartz: (Focus and clarity) Clear quartz brings clarity and focus to the mind. A universal healer, it links to all chakras to provide balance and harmony. It is the stone of manifestation, to help you focus on achieving your goals and dreams.
- Aventurine: (Good luck) Aventurine is helpful to everyone. Sometimes life presents a fork in the road, and Aventurine helps you decide between which path is best to take. In connecting with the heart chakra, Aventurine give you the confidence to step out of your comfort zone.
- Amethyst: (Calming) Amethyst is a very powerful and calming crystal, it aids in recovery from addiction. Amethyst can help to alleviate headaches and insomnia. Amethyst can also reduce eyestrain due to excess computer screen time.
- Tiger Eye: (Healing) This crystal shifts your outlook so that you can gain a deeper understanding of yourself and heal what ails you. Tiger’s eye connects to the solar plexus and sacral chakras to ground you in the power you need to pursue new ventures.
- Black tourmaline: (Protection) Tourmaline is a very powerful protection crystal against negativity, it grounds your energy and channels healing light.
- Citrine: (Prosperity and Optimism) Citrine is an awesome crystal for abundance, confidence, to attract wealth and energize you through increasing your enthusiasm for life.
- Selenite: (Cleansing): Selenite is the “crystal cleaner”. It does not need to be charged or cleansed itself, it will always provide positive energy. It is the ideal tool to clean and cleanse your crystals.
Crystals for the Chakras
The chakras are 7 energy points in the body – the word “chakra” from Sanskrit means “wheel” or “disk”. Chakras range from the bottom of the spine, and all the way to the crown of your head. Each chakra identifies with a color: picture a glowing disk of that color that spins clockwise when it is balanced and healthy. Unbalanced chakras can manifest as emotional turmoil, and also as physical disease in the body.
These are some of the crystals that can be used for healing/balancing the 7 main chakras:
- Root chakra: Color: Red. Property: Survival and Safety. Crystals: Red Jasper, Garnet.
- Sacral chakra: Color: Orange. Property: Vitality, fertility. Crystals: Carnelian, Orange calcite
- Solar plexus chakra: Color: Yellow. Property: Confidence, willpower. Crystals: Citrine, Tigers eye
- Heart chakra: Color: Green. Property: Love and compassion. Crystals: Green Aventurine, Jade
- Throat chakra: Color: Light blue. Property: Communication, self-expression. Crystals: Sodalite, Aquamarine
- Third Eye Chakra: Color: Indigo. Property: Intuition, psychic ability. Crystals: Labradorite, Lapis Lazuli
- Crown chakra: Color: Purple. Property: Wisdom, Understanding. Crystals: Amethyst, Clear Quartz
There is a LOT of information online and in books about crystals and chakras, and we encourage you to learn more about it if you are so inclined. If you have any questions about crystals, chakras, healing or any other topics on this blog, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com